frownland

what could go wrong?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brokeheartsville, Victoria, Antarctica

Monday, October 16, 2006

Gilliard defends rap music!

So here's Steve Gilliard defending rap music again. Well, Steve, I've got one thing to say to that!

How can you defend this God-awful hip-hop crap, Steve? Everybody knows this rap garbage flouts decent moral values, unlike the classic rock music I used to listen to way back when I was a kid did. Yeah, spin them discs...

mmm, la la la, "Well I can see that you're fifteen years old / But I don't want your ID..." No, wait. "Please allow me to introduce myself / I'm a man of wealth and taste." No, wait. "I'm called a hit-and-run raper in anger / The knife sharpened tippie-toe / I'm just a shoot-em-dead brain-bell jangler / You know, the one you never seen... And if you ever catch the Midnight Rambler / I'll steal your mistress from under your nose / and go easy who you call fandangler / I'll stick my knife right down your throat, baby / And that hurts" No, wait. Those darn Stones!

Well there's Zep. "Squeeze me baby / 'Til the juice runs down my leg / The way you squeeze my lemon / I'm gonna fall right out of bed" No, wait. We need a 100% pure artist, the greatest electric guitarist; howl, wail, Jimi! "Yeah I caught her messin' around town / So I gave her the gun / I shot her!" No, wait. Tommy. Here at least is something with religious content! "But Tommy doesn't know what day it is / He doesn't who Jesus was or what praying is / How can he be saved / From the eternal grave?" Yeah, now that's very decent, say what? "Down with the bedclothes, up with your nightshirt / Fiddle about, fiddle about, fiddle about" No, wait.

Um well, how about some Beatles? Everybody knows how outstandingly wholesome McCartney is. Can't get no cleaner than him. "Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes / For a fish & fingers pie" No, wait. "Why d-d-don't we do it in the road?" No, wait. "But as she's getting ready to go / A knock comes on the door / Bang bang Maxwell's Silver..." No, wait. Come on, Paul, you're not helping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home